Love Yourself...




I just stopped by Gildas Blog, and she had a quote that Sheryl Crow said that had inspired her post and by reading her post it inspired me. I think everyone should see this:

"I used to take my body for granted, but I have a stronger sense of my own feminine power and sensuality now! [crow is a breast-cancer survivor]. The sexiest thing to me is knowing and embracing who you are. Not changing yourself to look younger but honoring every stage of life and the wisdom that goes with it. The stuff that stressed me out in my 30s I feel liberated from in my 40s. With that comes a sense of joy and a youthfulness that’s real, not manufactured."

I thought I should pass this on, because I feel sometimes ( a lot with people I know even) that people worry too much about how they look to other people, or their own friends and family even. The only person you should worry about is yourself. If you're happy with the person you are than that's all you need. If you want to wear a tutu because that's the mood your in, do it! Who cares about the strangers? You'll never see them again anyways, live in the moment. I own everything I do all the time. I know I'm the only person that will ever be responsible for my happiness, where my life is going, and who I have in it. So today make that your priority and own who you are. You will always be happy with your life when you take charge of your own happiness. No one else can do it for you. Don't be one of those strangers that look at people who choose to look the way they want, because they do own themselves and they are happy with the way they are. They're living their life they want to and that should be inspiring to you instead. It is extremely empowering to love yourself, it'll do wonders in your life and will make it a lot more fulfilling. I hope this was as inspiring for you as it was for me.

Thanks Gilda for the great quote and inspiring me as well. We should keep this going. <3
Photobucket

2 comments:

queengilda said...

hi kitten! i just got a trackback on my blog and came to read this. :) that really was an inspiring quote and the more people read it, the better! hooray for stronger selves!

DH said...

Hey lovey,

It's true! We gotta spread the self love! lol