It's a scorcher! HOT HOT HOT!!!







It is so hot today! I love the summer and all but sometimes I'd prefer to sit in the AC all day in comfy clothes and work on my paintings. I went to Six Flags yesterday and my god, it was 92 degrees there. I got in trouble for walking around in my bikini top. I was like really? I'm gonna have heat stroke. Not so much, but it was way too hot I just wanted to run around in my bikini and not wear my clothes. Me and my boyfriend couldn't even kiss each other without getting sweat on our lips. Yeah, how gross is that? So in response to the summer swelter I decided to give you a few fun places to go in the summer here and beat the heat. Aren't you excited? You should be!


Manhattan

300 New York- Located at Chelsea Piers, you can go bowling here and escape the heat while knocking down some pins and drinking some fancy martinis (or whatever your choice drink is.) Between Piers 59 & 60 , 23rd St. & the Hudson River


MOMA- This museum is amazing (and air conditioned), it's a fun thing to do during the day and check out some great art. Have fun and then get some yummy food afterwards.



Brooklyn

Don Pedros- Latin American, South American cuisine in a really fun atmosphere. Check their website for the look and feel of what they've got going on there. Great food, fun atmosphere and cheap beer. Could you ask for more really?
90 Manhattan Ave near Boerum.

Barcade- Spacious and lofty, barcade is exactly what it sounds like. It's a bar arcade with a line up of classic arcade games like Donkey Kong and Moon Patrol. It never feels crowded because of the lofty space it's in and there's a great amount of beers to choose from. Awesome.

I would add more but I have to go to work and sell some books. I'll update later with more but those are absolutely fun and cheap places to go and get out of the heat.

Stay cool loveys,
DH






0 comments: