Item Inspiration of the Day...






Bet you never guessed something as dismal and outdated as a typewriter could be your inspiration. In fact, it absolutely can be! I don't lie when I say you can find inspiration in any item. I thought of this one because I was just looking at my old teal typewriter from when I was little. It was my mothers when she was little that she gave to me. So I thought of the time, which would be the 50's when she was using it. The style was classy and that was their technology. That was their speedy way of writing letters. I think it's more romantic than a computer and E-mail, I can tell you that much. Severe Carpal Tunnel might be the outcome of pressing those hard keys though! Anyways, I thought about the typewriter, the clean lines, the keys, and the letters. The dress I chose completely relates to the typewriter. The black band going across mimicking the black roll on the type writer, and the rows of lace mimicking the rows of keys. I chose the initial ring for obvious reasons, and the typewriter necklace for even more of a obvious reason. The little pill box hat with the netting just reminds me of the time period a lot and I for one love them and wish I had a reason to wear one, maybe new years. Hmmm. Now go look around your room for a new item to make an outfit from! Shoo!
Photobucket

0 comments: