Why take something so dumb so seriously?

This isn't recent news, but it's news to me I just stumbled across it and it baffled me. Rachel Zoe apparently has trademarked the terms "I die" and "Bananas". Okay really you're taking yourself a bit too seriously when your trademarking fruit. I've never felt like I didn't like something about Rachel Zoe but after reading an article about her lawyer serving a cease and desist letter for these phrases, I kind of got a bad taste in my mouth for her. The designer Christopher Sauve created a shirt that had a Andy Warholesque bunch of bananas that said "I Die. Bananas." (pictured below) In retaliation Mr. Sauve has taken it into his own hands and mocked the situation with a shirt with a pineapple that says "I Live. Pineapples." The proceeds for that shirt are actually going to a cause he has started "Free the Fruit" and I loooove how he has turned this situation around, it's comical and Rachel Zoe should take a little piece of humble pie and shush her mouth with it. I'm not sure I'd want to go down in history for trademarking either of those phrases, it's not so clever. Also she's not the first to have used them, just the first to be lame enough to actually trademark them.


Photobucket

0 comments: